Our 2022 Volunteers had 4 key areas where they would work and impact the young people and their communities in Dubreka, Guinea. These areas were, education, infrastructure, health, and sensitation campaigns.
TRAINING IN MENSTRUATION
ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLASSES
NEW TOILET FACILITY FOR YOUNG GIRLS
NEW SPORTS FACILITY
FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION (FGM) AWARENESS WORKSHOPS
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE GIRL CHILD CELEBRATION
NEED FOR CHILD EDUCATION SEMI-MARATHON
INCREASE IN GIRL'S ATTENDANCE RECORD AT OUR PARTNER SCHOOL
DENTAL HYGIENE WORKSHOPS
2023: ACTION PLAN
In addition to URBOND incredible achievements since inception in 2018 in the Republic of Guinea, the charity will be addressing further issues with child education, help improve primary education and provide more opportunities to children in need.
Five more objectives have already been set:
1. A training centre in Conakry to provide job ready training to people from underprivileged communities. Partnership project with Microsoft.
2. Complete the building of six classrooms in Koutaya, Dubreka where there is currently no school.
3. Provide clean running water to the children in Ecole Primaire Public d’Application, Dubreka.
4. Support disabled children to access education in Conakry and Dubreka, Republic of Guinea.
5. More parent workshops to identify and eliminate barriers around education.